Did You Know…
- The Qur’an contains a detailed set of rules that need to be followed when distributing your assets after your die.
- From your assets, your outstanding debts should be paid before distribution is made to your family.
- Your non-Muslim heirs are not allowed to inherit from you under Islamic Law.
- Your are only allowed to leave 1/3rd of your assets to people or charities who are otherwise not entitled to inherit from you. The remaining 2/3rd must be distributed as Allah has ordained.
- If you die without leaving a Will, the State will decide how your assets are distributed.
- In your Will, you can direct who is appointed as caretaker(s) of your child(ren) after your death
For more detailed information about Islamic Wills download the Wills Information Pack.
Remind me to write my Will
"The best among you are those who learn the Quran and teach it (to others)." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 6, Hadith 545)